Diamond Grading Course at IGTLJ
At Diamond Grading Course:
- 1. Introduction to Diamond industry and Market Overview
2. Diamond Formation, Mining and Sources.
3. Introduction to Physical & Optical properties
4. Identification of Natural Diamond among its simulants and synthetic diamonds.
5. 4 Cs of Diamond Grading:
a) Color : Non Fancy and Fancy Colors in Diamonds,
b) Clarity : Inclusions, Blemishes, Consideration & Plotting
c) Cut : Different shapes and cutting styles; fancy and non fancy shapes
d) Carat Weight: units, Sieve set, weight estimation calculations.
6. Aspects of Practical Diamond Grading on the basis of 4 Cs.
7. Diamond treatments and their detection.
8. Study of high pressure high temperature ( HPHT ) & CVD Techniques.
9. Diamond Valuation.
10. Practical Sessions