Gemology at IGTLJ
At IGTLJ:1. Short Courses :- NAVRATNA COURCE 25000 + 5000 SECOURTIY FEE REFUNDBALE
- Duration : 1 Month
- Timing : 3.00 pm to 5:00 PM
- Specific course : Navratna IdentificationCourse literature is provided.
- Courses can be designed as per specific office/individual requirements.
- Lecture sessions will be conducted either on a full day basis or between 3.00 to 5.00 pm. schedules can be arranged as per the convenience of both the candidate and IGTL.
- Courses can be scheduled and will be confirmed only with the registration and payment of full fees.
- Course dates will be scheduled three day after all registration formalities are completed.
- Course schedules for short courses will be continuous without any breaks/absenteeism. Only official holidays will be considered. Additional dates will not be scheduled for missed sessions.
- A candidate must have 90% attendance to quality for a certificate of participation.
Duration can be defined by candidate whether two / five / fifteen days by request-slot availability.
Diploma(Regular) course in gem identification Fees 55000
- Seat : 10(Ten) .
- Duration : 2 Half months.
- Timing : 10.00am to 1.00pm
- Course concludes with the Diploma examination.
- Batches: March, August, November
Correspondence candidates exceeding Two Years in completing the course will have to re-enroll as per
1. Diploma (Correspondence) course in gem Identification :-
- Seat: 10(Ten) .
- Duration: 12 month (Monday -Saturday).
- Timing : 10.00am to 1.00pm
- Tution Fees: Rs. 45000.
- Commences as per candidates convenience.
- Course literature is provided along with a set of assignments to be completed and forwarded as per scheduled dates.
- Assignment as per scheduled to be submitted before the related practical sessions.
- Candidates, who do not forward assignment over a period of six months continuously, will be sent a reminder letter. Those who do not respond within a month will be considered as suspended from the course.
- Practical after specific completed topics (3.00 to 5.00 pm.) or on completed of all theory and assignments (20 days-full days)
- Dates for the complete practical session can be scheduled at IGTL with Two weeks prior notice given in writing.
- The Diploma Examination will be held immediately on completion of the practical sessions at IGTL, and will follow the examination format as per Regular Diploma course.
existing regulations at the time i.e. course material updates and fee structures.1. Certificate Course in Gem Identification 40000:-
- Seat : 10(Ten)
- Duration (Monday- Friday) : 2 months
- Maximum Time : 2 months
- Timing :10 Am 1 PM.
- Can be completed in a shorter period by request-slot availability.
- No assignments/ examinations
- Course contents similar to the Diploma Course.
- Participation certificate will be awarded only
- Introduction : Formation of minerals, basic qualities (beauty, rarity, durability), classification of gem materials, weights and measures.
- Physical characteristics of gemstone : Hardness, Cleavage, Fracture, Parting, Specific Gravity, Estimation of Heft of a gem material.
- Crystallography : Nature of crystal, Elements of symmetry, Crystal System, Forms, Habit, Twinning, Surface markings, Identification of Rough.
- Magnification : Inclusions- Their nature and importance in identification.
- Optical Characteristics : Nature of light, Electromagnetic Spectrum, Transparency, Light Reflection and Refractive Index and its measurements, Phenomenal effects Chatoyancy, Asterism, Sheen, Aventurescence, Play of colour, Change of colour etc. Reflectivity, Colour and its causes, Pleochroism, Dispersion, Absorption Spectroscopy, Luminescence, Application of Ultra Violet, X-rays and Infra-red rays in Gem Identification.
- Other Properties : Electrical and magnetic properties, Thermal Conductivity, Surface Tension & Cohesion.
- Instruments Used In Gem Identification : 10xLens, Microscope, Polariscope, Dichroscope, Refractometer, Visible and Spectrometer, Ultra Violet Light, Specific Gravity by Hydrostatic method and liquid immersion, Chelsea Colour Filter, G.M Counter, Hot Point, etc.
- Method of synthesis, Stones synthesized, Identification techniques, Characteristics, Manufacturers and trade names.
- Gem Enhancement Methods and their Identification : Colourless/Coloured impregnation, Heat Treatment, HPHT, Graphitization, Coating, Irradiation, Diffusion Treatment(Traditional & Beryllium), Foiling & Laser Drilling etc.
- Organic : Amber, Coral, Jet, Pearl (Natural Cultured, Imitation), Ivory, Shell, Tortoise shell.
- The varieties and Species, occurrence, recovery and methods of identification for the above gem materials.
- Gemstone Cuts : Basic and simple styles of cut, Importance of orientation and valuation.
- World wide occurrences of gem materials.
- NOTE : practicals on most of the topics mentioned above will be conducted simultaneously.
- Fees 10000
- one weak program ( emerald , ruby , Sapphire)
- Treatment identification course
- Fees 10000
- One weak program
- Price and valuation also include in diploma cource